For House Tipster, an innovative home improvement website with virtual design tools, High Point Market is a destination that's not to be missed. HPMkt is the largest show of its kind in the world, with over 10 million square feet dedicated to roughly 2,000 exhibitors in about 180 buildings.
"If it's not here, it doesn't exist," says Grubb.
Interior design trends we saw at the show:
- Furniture with 3D textures
- Accessories (vases, fur pillows, etc.)
- Velvet pieces
- Artwork (including found objects)
- Color (Especially green, blue, and jewel tones like fuschia, turquoise, and gold)
- Small space living (including multi-purpose furniture)
"Lighter color wood is a big deal now -- away from the dark and the medium tones," added Grubb.